Plan your day at the Kee-Boon-Mein-Kaa Pow Wow at Rogers Lake in Dowagiac, MI
- Arena Director | Dave Shananaquet
- MC | Mark Denning
- Head Veteran | George Martin
- Head Judges | Ponchie and Debbie Plain
- Head Dancers | Jefferson & Elizabeth Ballew
- Head Junior Dancers | Frank Wesaw Jr & Adalia Plain
- Host Drum | Bear Creek
- Co-Host Drum | Painted Rock
- Invited Drums | Ribbon Town, Southern Straight, Dusty Bear, Spirit Lake and High Spirit
Kee-Boon-Mein-Kaa literally means "I have quit picking huckleberries."
Every Labor Day Weekend, we gathered and celebrated the good harvest, our families and friends, and our Potawatomi way of life. We do this through song, dance, food and prayers. Though the pow wow began in 1985, our people have gathered to celebrate these things since the beginning of time.
William Mervin “Billy” Mills, also known as Makata Taka Hela, is the second Native American to win an Olympic gold medal.
Contest dances schedule and information.
Find a place to spend the weekend.
Be sure to check back for updated vendor information.
Wondering how to get here or have a question?